Thursday, April 10, 2008

The eyes of the artist

I think it is so important for my existing clients as well as future clients to see and understand what it is a professional portrait artist really achieves.  I am using this beautiful little girl for a wonderful example.  This is Paige and she is one of the most unique and beautiful little girls I have the privilege to photograph.  When photographing her last week in my camera I saw image number one, in my heart I saw image number two.  Through the beauty of technology the image was transformed into what I saw in my heart.  I think often times people think just having the right equipment is enough, it's so much more than that!  True, Artistic images take years of fine tuning through education, practice and passion.  You must be willing to put in years of learning to achieve an understanding of  light, posing, composition and technology. Only then does it becomes true art.  It only begins with a creative eye,  but that alone is not enough to be a true photographic artist.  Just a word from my heart